Administration is far more than the routine implementation of directions in a will or trust. It’s the means for realizing the goals and desires of individuals and families across generations.
Executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries come to Loeb & Loeb for counsel and representation in probate and estate and trust administration. They seek our advice not only for estates and trusts where our lawyers created the estate plan but also to solve administration challenges that can arise in the management of complex multigenerational trusts and related family investment vehicles.
Our team handles the administration of estates and trusts from beginning to end. This includes services such as:
- Preparation of probate petitions and estate tax returns
- Postmortem tax planning, including advice on estate tax elections, disclaimers, and the use of deductions to maximize estate and income tax efficiency
- Advising on valuation issues and the optimal distribution of assets
- Advising on the funding of estate tax obligations and strategies for illiquid estates, including Section 6166 elections and Graegin loans
- Judicial reformations and construction of wills and trusts
- Preparation of trust and estate accountings and judicial and nonjudicial settlements
- Representation in estate tax audits and appeals
- Trust and probate litigation
We also offer a practical, multidisciplinary approach, working with colleagues across practice areas — such as tax, real estate, litigation, technology and financial services — as well as with our clients’ advisers to handle the real-world family, business and financial issues that arise in trust and estate administration.