New tax laws, a shifting regulatory landscape, innovative investment strategies and technology transformation are just a few of the sweeping developments creating uncertainty — and opportunity — for today’s family offices and the high net worth families they serve.
Loeb & Loeb offers the full range of legal services to meet the evolving needs of family offices. We know that each family office has its own vision, priorities, sensitivities and personalities — reflecting the rich history and the unique individuals that make up each family. We take the time to understand the culture and nuances of each family office, develop a deep working relationship and provide customized solutions to attain the client’s specific business, personal and philanthropic goals.
Drawing on the experience of lawyers throughout the firm, including nationally recognized leaders in trusts and estates, tax, corporate, and nonprofit law, our Family Office team works to serve family offices of all types — single generation and multigenerational, formally and informally organized. We partner with their in-house professionals and outside advisers — accounting, insurance, investment, business, legal and tax, among others — to assist our family office clients, and their family member clients, in legal matters involving both business and personal concerns.
Our core services include:
- Trust, estate and tax planning, and controversy, including trust formation and fiduciary advice, wealth protection, and international/cross-border issues
- Philanthropy, including creation of foundations, advice regarding tax compliance and governance, planned giving, and public charity board service
- Mergers, acquisitions and investments, including private equity and venture capital, direct-control and minority investments, and co-investments
- Acquisition and disposition of high-value personal assets, including art, aircraft and watercraft
- Private trust company formation and planning, administration and compliance
- Employment, executive compensation and benefits
- Business succession planning
- Commercial and residential real estate investment and management
- Dispute resolution, including complex commercial litigation and trust and estate litigation
- Regulatory compliance, including Investment Advisers Act registration/exemption
- Intellectual property protection
- Insurance strategies