We understand the importance of online privacy. This privacy statement explains the information Loeb & Loeb LLP (“Loeb & Loeb”) collects, how we collect it, and the purposes for which we use it. This statement applies to your interactions with Loeb & Loeb’s website (www.loeb.com) (the “website”) as well as any Loeb & Loeb website or mobile app that displays this statement.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Name and contact details (for example, your e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and social media handle).
- Your passwords and any other security information used to authenticate your access to certain areas of the website.
- Demographic data (such as your country, organization, and title).
- Preferences (such as which areas of the law you are interested in).
- Contents of your communications with us.
- Device information (including your, IP address, device type, and operating system)
- Website interactions (such as the pages visited on the website, time spent on each page, whether you’ve clicked on a hyperlink and search queries).
Loeb & Loeb uses the information we collect to:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Send you alerts or other newsletters that you have requested, or that we think may be of interest to you.
- Confirm your registration for seminars or other events.
- Send you other marketing or promotional information related to Loeb & Loeb, including news about our attorneys, practice groups and events.
- Send you service announcements or other administrative messages relating to our website or your relationship with Loeb & Loeb.
- Improve the website and our communications with you.
- Comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our website terms and other policies, and to prevent fraud.
When we have your consent, Loeb & Loeb uses the information we collect to:
Respond to your inquiries: When you email us or submit a request for information through our website, we use your contact details to respond to those requests.
Send you alerts, newsletters and other promotional messages: When you sign-up to receive our newsletters and other alerts, we use your contact information to send you these communications. If you’ve indicated an interest in an area of law, practice group or event, we may also send you information relevant to these interests. You can opt-out receiving messages from us using the unsubscribe link in any email you receive.
Confirm your registration for seminars or other events: When you sign up to attend an event we are hosting, we will use your contact information to confirm your registration, send you reminders about the event and other relevant event details.
We also use your information for the following legitimate business interests:
To send you service announcements or other administrative messages. We use your information to send you administrative or transactional messages regarding your use of the website or your relationship with Loeb & Loeb.
To improve the website. We use your information to better understand how we can make the website and our communications with you more relevant and informative.
We share your information:
- With our vendors, which work with us to provide services on our behalf.
- With third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction.
- As required by law or to bring a legal action.
- With your consent.
Our vendors. We share your information with vendors who work with us and provide our services on our behalf. For example, companies we hire to help us maintain the website, manage our mailing lists, provide marketing assistance and data analysis may need your information to provide those services. Loeb & Loeb requires these vendors to comply with our data privacy and security requirements and we prohibit those companies from using the personal information they receive from us for any other purpose.
Other law firms as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction. As Loeb & Loeb develops, we may acquire other law firms or their assets or be acquired by or merge with another law firm. Personal information is generally one of the business assets involved in such transactions. Thus, in the unlikely event that Loeb & Loeb or all of its assets are acquired through such a transaction, your information would be one of the transferred assets.
Law Enforcement. We will share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law or is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other visitors, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
We will also share your information with third parties when you ask or consent to us doing so.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device to store information. This data often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your computer, but it can contain other information as well, including your IP address, clickstream patterns; and dates and times that you access a website.
Loeb & Loeb does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
You have the following rights with respect to your information:
- Access your information.
- Correct/Edit your information.
- Delete your information.
- Restrict or limit the use of your information.
You have right to:
Access your information. You have the right to confirm whether Loeb & Loeb is using or storing your information and to obtain a copy of the information that we have.
Correct/Edit your information. If you discover that any of the information we have about you is incorrect, you have the right to request that we correct or update it.
Delete your information. If you withdraw your consent or otherwise object to our use of your information, you have the right to request what we delete your information.
Restrict or limit the use of your information. You have the right to restrict how we use your information For example you may request that we not use your information for marketing purposes or certain types of marketing messages.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us here. If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority to other data protection authority in your jurisdiction
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Loeb & Loeb does not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- We are not responsible for your use of third party websites.
- We use technical and organization security measures appropriate to protect the information collected on our website.
- We do not intentionally collect information from children under age 13.
- We are a U.S. law firm and the personal information we collect is processed in the United States. We rely on your consent and EU Commission approved model contract clauses as our lawful basis for all transfers from the EU to the U.S.
- We will notify you of any changes to the website via a notice on our website.
Links to Other Sites
Please be aware that when you are on Loeb.com, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. These other sites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit Personal Information. The privacy policies of these other sites may be significantly different from Loeb & Loeb’s Privacy Statement. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your Personal Information collected there.
We use technical and organization security measures to protect the information collected on our website. When information is transmitted to us it is protected by both a “firewall” (a combination of computer hardware and software that helps keep unauthorized visitors from accessing information within our computer network) and industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online.
Loeb.com is not intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personal information to us.
Where We Store and Process Information
Loeb & Loeb is a United States law firm with headquarters in California. If you are located outside of the U.S., please be aware that when you share your information with us we will process it in the U.S.
We transfer the personal information we collect to the U.S. for the purposes described in this statement. We rely on your consent and EU Commission approved model contractual clauses, which require certain privacy and security protections, to lawfully transfer personal information from the EU to the U.S.
Loeb & Loeb LLP
10100 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90067