The personal information we collect includes:
- Name and contact details (for example, your e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and social media handles).
- Your passwords and any other security information used to authenticate your access to certain areas of the website.
- Demographic data (such as your country, organization and title).
- Preferences (such as which areas of the law you are interested in).
- Contents of your communications with us.
- Device information (including your browser type and language, IP address, device type, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and operating system).
- Website interactions (such as the pages visited on the website, time spent on each page, whether you’ve clicked on a hyperlink and search queries).
- Professional/employment information (such as your employing entity, business unit, manager and management reporting structure, job title, function, and the nature of your duties and responsibilities).
- Protected classification characteristics (such as age, gender, religion and disability information, which you may provide to us in connection with an application for employment).
Loeb & Loeb uses the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services.
- Personalize and improve your experience on the Services.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Send you alerts or other newsletters that you have requested or that we think may be of interest to you.
- Confirm your registration for seminars or other events.
- Send you other marketing or promotional information related to Loeb & Loeb, including news about our attorneys, practice groups and events.
- Send you service announcements or other administrative messages relating to our website or your relationship with Loeb & Loeb.
- Evaluate and process your application for employment.
- Improve the website and our communications with you.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Loeb & Loeb and others.
- Debug to identify and repair errors in the Services.
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations.
- Comply with our legal obligations, enforce our website terms and other policies, and notify you about any changes to the Services.
When we have your consent, Loeb & Loeb uses the information we collect to:
Respond to your inquiries: When you email us or submit a request for information through our website, we use your contact details to respond to those requests.
Send you alerts, newsletters and other promotional messages: When you sign-up to receive our newsletters and other alerts, we use your contact information to send you these communications. If you’ve indicated an interest in an area of law, practice group or event, we may also send you information relevant to these interests. You can opt-out receiving messages from us using the unsubscribe link in any email you receive.
Confirm your registration for seminars or other events: When you sign up to attend an event we are hosting, we will use your contact information to confirm your registration, send you reminders about the event and other relevant event details.
We also use your information for the following legitimate business interests:
To send you service announcements or other administrative messages. We use your information to send you administrative or transactional messages regarding your use of the website or your relationship with Loeb & Loeb.
To improve the website. We use your information to better understand how we can make the website and our communications with you more relevant and informative.
We share your information:
- With our vendors, consultants and other professional advisers which work with us to provide services on our behalf.
- With third parties as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction.
- As required by law or to bring a legal action.
- With the applicable state bar association, we may share your name and bar number in connection with an application for CLE credit.
- With other parties not included in this list we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Our vendors. We share your information with vendors that work with us and provide services on our behalf. For example, companies we hire to help us maintain the website, manage our mailing lists, and provide marketing assistance and data analysis may need your information in order to provide those services. Loeb & Loeb requires these vendors to comply with our data privacy and security requirements, and we prohibit those companies from using the personal information they receive from us for any other purpose.
Other law firms as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate transaction. As Loeb & Loeb develops, we may acquire other law firms or their assets or be acquired by or merge with another law firm. Personal information is generally one of the business assets involved in such transactions. Thus, in the unlikely event that Loeb & Loeb or all of its assets are acquired through such a transaction, your information would be one of the transferred assets.
State bar associations. When you register for a webinar that includes CLE credit, we will share your name and bar number in connection with an application for that credit.
Law enforcement. We will share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law or is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other visitors, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We will also share your information with third parties when you ask or provide consent for us to do so.
The type of cookies we may use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you, for example, to manage traffic on our website and for security purposes. We cannot provide you with the Services without these types of cookies.
You can opt out of Google Analytics here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
Loeb & Loeb does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us or request changes to your communication preferences by following the instructions in those communications or visiting our unsubscribe page. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You have the following rights with respect to your information:
- Access your information.
- Correct/edit your information.
- Delete your information.
- Restrict or limit the use of your information.
You have the right to:
Access your information. You have the right to confirm whether Loeb & Loeb is using or storing your information and to obtain a copy of the information that we have.
Correct/edit your information. If you discover that any of the information we have about you is incorrect, you have the right to request that we correct or update it.
Delete your information. If you withdraw your consent or otherwise object to our use of your information, you have the right to request that we delete your information.
Restrict or limit the use of your information. You have the right to restrict how we use your information. For example, you may request that we not use your information for marketing purposes or certain types of marketing messages.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us here. In order to protect your personal information, we may ask you to provide additional personal information to verify your identity. You may submit a request to exercise your rights through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided authorization to the agent.
Last update: 02/01/2023
Loeb & Loeb LLP
10100 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing our Services).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain and improve our Services; conduct data analytics; and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of: 1) your consents and 2) individuals who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the U.K.: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
|Categories of Personal Information Collected
|Purpose for Collection/Use
|Identifiers (name and contact details (for example, your email address, mailing address, phone number and social media handles)).
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information (device information, including your browser type and language, IP address, device type, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and operating system, and website interactions, such as the pages visited on the website, time spent on each page, whether you’ve clicked on a hyperlink and search queries).
|Inferences (preferences, such as which areas of the law you are interested in).
Professional/Employment Information (such as your employing entity, business unit, manager and management reporting structure, job title, function, and the nature of your duties and responsibilities).
To evaluate and process your application for employment
|Protected Classification Characteristics (such as age, gender, religion, and disability information, which you may provide to us in connection with an application for employment).
To evaluate and process your application for employment
Shine the Light. California law requires us to inform California residents who have provided us with personal information that they may request information from us about our disclosures to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.