Loeb’s multidisciplinary team of media and technology lawyers — one of the largest in the world — works with clients at the leading edge of the digital media revolution. We have structured and negotiated many of the market-defining transactions at the convergence of technology and content, including ground-breaking digital content licensing, streaming rights and distribution agreements for digital television and film offerings; content supplier agreements for media companies; and online service joint ventures between content producers, advertisers and internet/mobile distribution platforms.
In an industry that is experiencing rapid change in content delivery and consumption, we are at the forefront of counseling on matters involving the latest technological developments. Our team advises clients on the development of their advertising and promotions strategies to leverage developing media channels, as well as on related data security, privacy and IP commercialization issues.
Our entertainment lawyers have worked on a wide spectrum of podcast legal services for clients including National Public Radio, WNYC, Endeavor Content, Audiochuck, Vox Media, Lemonada Media, Callin, iHeart Media, and many others.
Our podcast capabilities include:
- Talent representation in hosting deals
- Representing DeRay McKesson in connection with Pod Save the People
- Representing Van Jones in connection with Amazon podcast “Uncommon Ground”
- Network acquisition of podcasts and host deals
- Podcast to television and podcast to film deals
- Corporate and financing transactions
- Production legal work, including clearance and fair use review
- Brand and individual talent deals
- Representing What to Expect in connection with iHeart podcast
- Assisting Ben and Jerry’s with branded podcast
- Sale of podcast properties and/or entities