Anne Kennedy McGuire focuses on motion picture, television and digital media as well as traditional and branded entertainment. She represents clients in a wide variety of areas, including evaluating, negotiating and drafting talent, development, production and licensing agreements, primarily for non-scripted programming and documentary films. She regularly negotiates domestic and international distribution agreements for significant television and documentary film projects as well as music programs and specials. Anne also assists entertainment companies and advertisers in negotiating sophisticated product and brand integration and placement agreements. She counsels a broad spectrum of clients in the television and film industries, including writers, directors, producers and production companies.
Anne also has significant experience in the areas of advertising and marketing law, particularly as it relates to new media platforms. She counsels advertisers and advertising agencies on the use of new technologies and emerging content production and distribution models, including social media, user generated content and targeted behavioral advertising. She routinely advises clients on the development of their advertising and promotions strategies to leverage these developing media channels, as well as on related data security, privacy, and IP commercialization issues. Additionally, Anne’s expertise extends to software licensing and development, and information technology transactions. She also counsels advertisers and other entertainment and media clients on a variety of issues and transactions including sponsorship agreements, media and celebrity placement agreements and other matters related to branded entertainment.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., Vanderbilt Medal for Outstanding Service to the Law School Recipient, Managing Editor, Journal of Legislation and Public Policy
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Political Science and History, B.A.
- New York
- Named "Up Next" Emerging Dealmaker in Variety's "Dealmakers Impact Report" (2015, 2017)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2015-2017)
- Member, New York Women in Film and Television
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Information Technology Law Committee