Todd Steinberg focuses his practice on helping high net worth individuals and families navigate complex and sophisticated estate and income tax planning matters. He assists clients with multi-generational wealth preservation and accumulation, as well as probate and trust administration, and charitable planned giving. Todd has substantial experience in complex, post-death estate and trust administration, as well as fiduciary litigation matters. He has represented clients in IRS estate and gift tax examinations, IRS appeals and related state and federal tax controversy matters.
Todd also implements business succession and transition planning for privately held companies, business owners and entrepreneurs, helping them reach financial goals for their companies and build and preserve their personal net worth. He has a particular depth of experience in planning with life insurance products and regularly provides counsel to allied professionals in the insurance industry.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- George Washington University, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2019-2020)
- Team Member, BTI Power Rankings, “The 16 Strongest Firms for ‘Go-To Outside Counsel’ Insurance Work,” 2016
- Listed, Greater Washington Legal Elite, SmartCEO, 2010 Edition
- Member, American Bar Association, Sections of Taxation and Real Property, Probate and Trust
- Member, Maryland Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Section
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association, Sections of Tax and Estates, Trusts and Probate
- Director, President of the Windridge Farms Homeowner’s Association, Glenwood, Maryland
- Legal Intern, United States Attorney’s Office, Narcotics Division, Washington, DC, 1993-1994
- Legal Intern, State’s Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County, MD, 1993