Bethany Simmons focuses her practice on bankruptcy reorganization and commercial litigation and advises a wide range of clients.
She has experience guiding debtors in health care and oil and gas industries through all facets and stages of chapter 11. Bethany has counseled secured lenders in out-of-court restructurings and in chapter 11 in entertainment, oil and gas, and real estate cases. She has also advised unsecured creditors, indenture trustees, stalking horse buyers, and liquidating trustees.
Bethany also regularly represents clients in commercial litigation in both federal and state courts on a variety of matters including in cases involving complex business disputes, breach of contract, business torts, and fraudulent conveyances.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Senior Research Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation