Jeffrey Loeb practices in the areas of estate planning and trust and estate administration. He represents many high net worth individuals and families, including a large number in the film, television, and music industries. He also represents individuals and financial institutions serving as trustees, executors, administrators, conservators or guardians.
Jeffrey provides comprehensive estate planning services, including the preparation of revocable living trusts, wills, irrevocable life insurance trusts, irrevocable trusts for children, dynasty trusts, private foundations, charitable lead and remainder trusts, sales to grantor trusts, grantor-retained annuity trusts, family limited liability entities, qualified personal residence trusts, health and education exclusion trusts, advance health care directives, durable powers of attorney, assignments of assets and a number of other estate planning instruments.
He focuses on helping clients develop a plan for the orderly transfer of assets during life or upon death, emphasizing the preservation of family wealth through the minimization of federal gift and estate tax liability. Jeffrey advises clients regarding the preparation of federal estate and gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns. Jeffrey has also served as special tax counsel in handling disputed matters before the IRS and the U.S. Tax Court.
Jeffrey provides guidance to various tax-exempt organizations including Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Motion Picture & Television Fund, Arthritis Foundation, The Salvation Army, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles Philharmonic, American Cancer Society and Orthopaedic Hospital of Los Angeles. Jeffrey has served as a probate mediator for the Probate Department of the Los Angeles Superior Court and as an appellate court mediator for the Second District of the California Court of Appeal handling only trusts and estates controversies.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., American Jurisprudence Award-Remedies
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., With Honors, Mortar Board Society
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law (2017-2019)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Recognized as 2012-2014 Five Star Wealth Manager in Estate Planning by Five Star Profession to be featured in Los Angeles magazine (February 2012-2014)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trust and Estate Litigation and Trusts and Estates Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2008-2019)
- Named in Chambers USA in Tax: Estate Planning (2013-2016)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2004-2019)
- American Jurisprudence Award, Remedies
- Editorial Board, Hastings' COMM/ENT, a journal of communications and entertainment law
- Mortar Board Scholarship Society, University of California at Santa Barbara
- Past President, Greater Los Angeles Chapter, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Probate and Trust Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Managing Partner, Los Angeles Office, Loeb & Loeb
- Former Co-Managing Partner, Tax and Wealth Services section, Los Angeles Office, Loeb & Loeb