Jeffrey Loeb practices in the areas of estate planning and trust and estate administration. He represents many high net worth individuals and families, including a large number in the film, television, and music industries. For those clients who own intellectual property, including copyrighted works, Jeffrey advises as to the approaches needed to ensure that his client’s post-mortem wishes will be carried into effect. Jeffrey also represents individuals and financial institutions serving as trustees, executors, and administrators. Often faced with unusual circumstances, these fiduciaries turn to Jeffrey for his unique insights and guidance.
Jeffrey provides comprehensive estate planning services, including the preparation of revocable living trusts, wills, irrevocable life insurance trusts, irrevocable trusts for children, dynasty trusts, private foundations, charitable lead and remainder trusts, sales to grantor trusts, grantor-retained annuity trusts, family limited liability entities, qualified personal residence trusts, advance health care directives, durable powers of attorney, assignments of assets and a number of other estate planning instruments.
He focuses on helping clients develop a plan for the orderly transfer of assets during life and upon death, emphasizing the preservation of family wealth through the minimization of federal gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax liability. Recognizing that the goals and the needs of each family are different, Jeffrey carefully tailors each estate plan to ensure that his client’s objectives are met in precisely the right manner.
Jeffrey advises clients regarding the preparation of federal estate and gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns. He also handles disputed matters before the IRS and in the U.S. Tax Court. Jeffrey has served as a probate mediator for the Probate Department of the Los Angeles Superior Court and as an appellate court mediator for the Second District of the California Court of Appeal handling only trusts and estates controversies.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, 法学博士, American Jurisprudence Award-Remedies
- 加州大学圣芭芭拉分校, 文学学士, With Honors, Mortar Board Society
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law (2017-2020)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Recognized as 2012-2014 Five Star Wealth Manager in Estate Planning by Five Star Profession to be featured in Los Angeles magazine (February 2012-2014)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trust and Estate Litigation and Trusts and Estates Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2008-2020)
- Named in Chambers USA in Tax: Estate Planning (2013-2016)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2004-2020)
- American Jurisprudence Award, Remedies
- Editorial Board, Hastings' COMM/ENT, a journal of communications and entertainment law
- Mortar Board Scholarship Society, University of California at Santa Barbara
- Trustee, Los Angeles Jewish Community Foundation
- Past President, Greater Los Angeles Chapter, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Probate and Trust Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Managing Partner, Los Angeles Office, Loeb & Loeb
- Former Co-Managing Partner, Tax and Wealth Services section, Los Angeles Office, Loeb & Loeb