A major overhaul of the personal and corporate tax laws in the United States, ongoing development of new regulations from state and federal regulators, and increased enforcement at all levels all contribute to increased uncertainty for businesses, nonprofits and individuals.
Loeb & Loeb's Tax team provides complete tax counseling and representation to public and private companies; private equity funds, lenders and investors; nonprofit organizations; and high net worth individuals and their families, businesses and family offices. We advise on federal, state and local tax issues relating to individual, partnership, corporate, entertainment and real estate taxation; provide strategic counsel on the tax aspects of nearly every type of domestic and international transaction; and represent clients in tax controversies and litigation.
The success of our work comes from the strength of our team. Aside from our decades of experience creating innovative tax structures and addressing complex tax issues, we also bring our enthusiasm, imagination and care in solving every client problem.
Our tax practitioners provide tax-related advice on a full range of matters, including:
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, formations, dispositions and spin-offs
- Partnerships and limited-liability companies, joint ventures and other strategic combinations
- Personal and transactional tax planning for high-net-worth individuals and their families
- Financial transactions, including initial public offerings, SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) offerings and acquisitions, debt and equity financing transactions
- Cross-border and multijurisdictional transactions for both overseas and domestic companies and individuals
- Executive compensation, ERISA and employee benefits
- Bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors’ rights
- Tax controversies, including audits, administrative appeals, refund actions, litigation in state and federal courts, and collection disputes