Ryan Austin’s practice encompasses a wide range of U.S. federal income and state and local tax planning for individuals and their businesses. He has significant experience handling tax planning for business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, business formations and dispositions, and partnerships and strategic joint ventures.
Ryan has also represented clients in audits and tax controversy matters, particularly in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and the California Franchise Tax Board.
He has significant experience advising clients on California property tax matters, including tax exemptions and change in ownership issues.
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士, magna cum laude Order of the Coif
- University of Notre Dame, Philosophy, 硕士
- University of Utah, 学士, cum laude
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Tax by Thomson Reuters (2013-2017)
- Extern, United States Department of Justice, Civil Tax Division (Summer 2005)
- Adjunct Professor, State and Local Taxation, Loyola Law School Tax LL.M. Program (2013-2015)