Terry Garnett has extensive federal and state court trial experience and focuses his practice on intellectual property, employment, and complex commercial litigation matters.
Most recently, Terry was part of a Loeb & Loeb trial team that defended Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd. (“TCS”) in a class action lawsuit filed by some of TCS’ former employees. After a two and a half week trial in the Northern District of California, on November 28, 2018, the jury returned a unanimous verdict in TCS’ favor, finding that TCS did not discriminate against employees who were non-South Asian or non-Indian. Terry gave the closing argument for TCS.
Terry also has been lead trial and appellate counsel in numerous patent cases and has been repeatedly recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top 75 IP litigators in California. Notably, he was lead trial counsel for Quanta Computer in its dispute with LG Electronics that ended in a 9-0 Supreme Court victory for Quanta on the issue of patent exhaustion. He has tried cases throughout the United States.
Terry also negotiates and drafts patent licenses and advises clients in connection with the purchase or transfer of patent and intellectual property rights.
Loeb & Loeb LLP snagged this week's top spot on the legal lions list with a verdict clearing client Tata of a discrimination class action… Law360
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., Moot Court Honors Program
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Named among "California's Top 75 IP Litigators" by The Daily Journal
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Litigation, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections, Los Angeles County Bar Association