Terry Garnett is a partner and trial lawyer with extensive experience in the resolution, litigation, arbitration, and trial of employment and intellectual property disputes, including class action, trade secrets and patent matters. Terry has tried or arbitrated cases throughout the United States and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Recently, Terry tried to verdict a federal, Title VII, class action in which a California jury found unanimously that his client did not discriminate against a class of former employees based on race or national origin. Mr. Garnett’s cross-examination skills and his closing argument helped secure the victory. As the trial judge noted in her order denying a motion for new trial, the class members alleged anecdotal evidence of discrimination was undercut by effective cross-examination, so much so that the “jury could reasonably discount much of [the] testimony purporting to present evidence of actual discrimination.” This case received considerable media attention, and as a result of the victory, the Loeb team secured top spot on Law360’s “Legal Lions List.”
- After a six day arbitration, secured a complete defence verdict for a global real estate development and management company and its executive against claims of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Secured a victory for global IT company, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. in a closely watched class action employment discrimination case. A nine-member California jury issued a unanimous ruling in favor of the India-based company and found that Tata did not have a "pattern or practice" of intentionally discriminating against non-South Asian workers due to their race or national origin.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, 法学博士, Moot Court Honors Program
- University of Colorado at Boulder, 学士
- Named among "California's Top 75 IP Litigators" by The Daily Journal
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Litigation, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Litigation and Intellectual Property Sections, Los Angeles County Bar Association