Lawrence Venick is a corporate and securities lawyer focusing his practice on U.S. capital markets transactions and U.S. issues involving Hong Kong listings.
I leverage my Western background and deep cross-border experience to assist Asia-based clients doing business in the U.S. as well as U.S. clients doing business in Asia.
Lawrence advises companies on a broad range of corporate and securities matters, including corporate governance responsibilities, SEC disclosure obligations, and stock market listing and compliance requirements. He serves as outside general counsel for numerous public and private companies, assisting them with their day-to-day business transactions and other legal matters. Lawrence’s extensive transactional experience includes mergers and acquisitions, public equity and debt offerings, tender and exchange offers, corporate restructurings, and venture capital financings.
Lawrence currently splits his time between Loeb & Loeb’s Hong Kong and Beijing offices. He serves as the managing partner of the Hong Kong office and is the chief legal representative of the Beijing office. Prior to moving to Asia, Lawrence spent eight years practicing as a corporate lawyer in Loeb’s Los Angeles office.
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., With Honors
- California State and Federal Courts
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, The Law Society of Hong Kong
Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Securities & Corporate Finance by Thomson Reuters (2006-2012)
- Member, American Chamber of Commerce, Beijing
- Member, American Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee, Business and Corporations Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association