Nicole Travers’ practice focuses on representing energy utilities in federal and state regulatory proceedings, compliance matters, and complex litigation in federal and state courts. Nicole has worked on projects involving all types of transmission and generation, including electric, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy. She represents utility companies in base rate proceedings at the federal and state level, including before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. She has also represented utilities in merger proceedings before state regulatory authorities, in regulatory disputes and in federal rule-makings.
In addition to her representation of utilities in the regulatory context, Nicole has also defended utilities in antitrust proceedings. In one recent, notable victory on behalf of state-owned electric and water utility company Santee Cooper, she helped to secure dismissal of an antitrust complaint alleging anticompetitive behavior, unlawful tying and denial of access to essential facilities.
- William and Mary School of Law, J.D.
- Emerson College, B.F.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Named to the District of Columbia Courts' Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2019-2021)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Member, Energy Bar Association