Ashley B. Sawyer focuses her practice on tax-efficient planning for wealthy individuals and families nationwide, cross-border wealth transfer planning and succession planning for business owners and executives. She advises on legacy succession to younger generations; estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax matters and compliance; charitable planning opportunities; and life insurance planning techniques. Ashley provides guidance to fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts and also counsels private and public tax-exempt organizations on matters involving tax-exempt status, compliance and navigating governance issues.
- Catholic University of America, J.D.
- Guilford College, B.A., cum laude
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Trusts & Estates (2023)
- Member, American Bar Foundation Fellow (July 2022 - Present)
- Member, Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
- Member, Class I of the ACTEC Mid-Atlantic Fellows Institute
- Member, American Bar Association (2011 – Present)
- Member, Real Property Section, Trusts & Estates Section, Virginia State Bar (2011 – Present)
- Member, Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section, District of Columbia Bar (2014 – Present)
- Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Co-Chair, Recent Developments Committee, American Bar Association
- Vice-chair, Committee on Estate and Gift Taxes, Taxation Section, American Bar Association