Ashley B. Sawyer focuses her practice on tax-efficient planning for wealthy individuals, families, and business executives. She advises on legacy succession to younger generations, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax matters and compliance, philanthropy, and life insurance planning techniques. Ashley also counsels exempt organizations, including charitable trusts, private foundations, and public charities on matters involving tax-exempt status and navigating governance issues.
- Catholic University of America, J.D.
- Guilford College, B.A., cum laude
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia
- Member, Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
- Member, Class I of the ACTEC Mid-Atlantic Fellows Institute
- Member, American Bar Association (2011 – Present)
- Member, Real Property Section, Trusts & Estates Section, Virginia State Bar (2011 – Present)
- Member, Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section, District of Columbia Bar (2014 – Present)
- Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Co-Chair, Recent Developments Committee, American Bar Association
- Vice-chair, Committee on Estate and Gift Taxes, Taxation Section, American Bar Association