Ashley B. Sawyer focuses her practice on tax-efficient planning with an emphasis on each client’s personal, non-tax objectives. She also advises on and implements complex charitable and non-charitable planning techniques for high net worth individuals; counsels private foundations and public charities in applying for tax-exempt status and navigating governance issues; and assists with probate administration, trust administration, tax compliance, and transactions involving investment and residential real estate.
Ashley regularly works with multiple generations of family members throughout the planning and implementation process. She counsels on legacy succession to younger generations; estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax matters; corrective measures for previously-implemented planning; and implements inter-generational business succession plans. She also assists clients with funding their estate plans and serves as a liaison between other advisors to implement planning recommendations.
- Catholic University of America, 法学博士
- Guilford College, 文学学士, cum laude
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Member, Class I of the ACTEC Mid-Atlantic Fellows Institute
- Member, American Bar Association (2011 – Present)
- Member, Real Property Section, Trusts & Estates Section, Virginia State Bar (2011 – Present)
- Member, Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section, District of Columbia Bar (2014 – Present)
- Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals