Raymond Sanseverino concentrates on commercial real estate law, with an emphasis in leasing, brokerage and conveyancing transactions. He represents both landlords and tenants in the leasing of all types of real estate, including office and retail space, as well as licensing agreements for digital billboards at high-profile properties. Raymond also represents real estate sellers and purchasers, brokers, and owners in connection with commission and agency agreements and commission claims.
Well-known for his extraordinary responsiveness and nimble negotiation of large and complex office leases in New York and other major markets across the country, Raymond brings transactions to successful conclusions — even under the most challenging circumstances. He has a passion for the law and enjoys real estate because of its fundamental nature as a cornerstone of business.
Raymond is landlord’s counsel at many of the most prestigious office buildings in Manhattan, including those at Brookfield Place, the Grace Building, 17 State Street, the Seagram Building, One Vanderbilt Avenue, 875 Third Avenue and 120 Park Avenue. Raymond also represents such companies as BNY Mellon, Thomson Reuters, SL Green Realty and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in connection with real estate matters.
He is one of the most knowledgeable and skilled negotiators for large commercial leases. He really knows his stuff and is very good at trying to protect us. Chambers USA (client commentary)
Outside of his practice, Raymond is deeply involved in supporting his alma mater, Franklin & Marshall College. He serves on its board of trustees; is global chair of the Franklin & Marshall Fund; and has endowed the Raymond A. Sanseverino ’68 Endowed Scholarship for underprivileged students.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Articles Editor, Fordham Law Review (1971-72)
- Franklin & Marshall College, A.B.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Selected for inclusion in Connect Media's "Lawyers in Real Estate Awards" within the New York & Tri State regional category (2021)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2009-2023)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in New York Real Estate: Mainly Dirt (2005-2023)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Real Estate, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013-2023)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2006-2022)
- Named "Top Deal Maker" in Real Estate Weekly (2009)
- Recipient, Franklin & Marshall College Alumni Medal, (2016)
- Recipient, Franklin & Marshall College Alumni Citation (2009)
- Recipient, Frankin & Marshall College Alumni Development Volunteer Award (2020)
- Named "2008 All Star" in Real Estate Weekly
- Named in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in the World and Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, Board of Trustees, Franklin & Marshall College (2009-2019; 2020-Present)
- Member, Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, Franklin & Marshall College (2015-2019)
- President, Franklin & Marshall Alumni Association (2006-2007)
- Member, Board of Directors, Franklin & Marshall Alumni Association (2001-2008)
- Ex-officio Member, Board of Trustees, Franklin & Marshall College (2006-2008)
- Global Chair, Franklin & Marshall Fund (2018-Present)
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Member, Real Property Law Section)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Approved by New York State as a Real Estate Instructor