Laurie Ruckel concentrates her practice on estate planning, succession planning, estate and trust administration and estate taxation. Her experience encompasses wills and trust agreements, estate and gift tax audits, succession planning for closely held businesses and prenuptial agreements. Laurie's principal clients are high net worth individuals, closely held businesses, real estate clients and executives of publicly held companies.
Laurie also lectures on the subject of estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Barnard College, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts & Estates, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2019-2022)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named among the "Leading Women Lawyers in New York City" by Crain's New York Business (2018)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2011-2019)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" The Top Women in Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2016)
- Member, of the Professional Advisory Council, Central Park Conservancy
- Member, of the Professional Advisory Council, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Member, Trusts and Estates Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association; Member, Estate and Gift Taxation Committee
- Instructor, NYU Summer Institute on Taxation