Elisabeth (Bess) Morgan focuses her practice on helping clients acquire, protect, enforce and exploit their intellectual property and other proprietary rights.
Bess has extensive experience prosecuting, managing, and maintaining large domestic and international trademark portfolios, and counsels clients on brand selection, clearance, and U.S. and global filing strategy. Bess assists clients in enforcing against unauthorized uses of their intellectual property rights, and is well-versed in helping clients resolve disputes through negotiating co-existence and settlement arrangements.
Bess has a particular focus on representing both brands and individual talent in connection with sponsorship and influencer agreements, as well as licensing and co-branding deals. Bess also represents and counsels clients on a broad range of intellectual property issues that converge with advertising, entertainment and corporate matters. She advises clients regarding compliance with Federal Trade Commission endorsement guidelines, as well as clearing intellectual property assets for use in U.S. and global advertising and entertainment initiatives.
Bess has extensive experience working with clients in the media, entertainment, esports, advertising and alcoholic beverages industries. She also represents clients in the retail, technology, hospitality, apparel, agricultural, health, and food and beverage sectors.
Bess serves as co-chair of Loeb & Loeb’s Women’s Affinity Group in Tennessee and maintains an active pro bono practice. She lives outside Nashville with her husband, daughters, and rescue dog, Einstein. She enjoys cooking, traveling and cheering on the Fighting Irish.
- Loyola Law School, J.D., Editor in Chief, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., magna cum laude
- Named in World Trademark Review 1000 in the Tennessee category (2023)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Trademarks: Non-Contentious, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2022 and 2023)
- Named "Rising Star" by Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars (2018, 2020-2023)
- Member, Right of Publicity Committee, International Trademark Association