Sarah Lai focuses her practice on advising high net worth individuals and families with U.S. connections on a range of domestic and international succession, expatriation, immigration and tax planning issues. Sarah also regularly works with professional trustees and family offices with respect to trust administration.
Select examples of Sarah’s prior firm experience include:
- Advised multi-jurisdictional families on the establishment and operation of trust structures for international tax, succession and asset protection purposes.
- Prepared complex estate plans for individuals with worldwide assets, including drafting wills and enduring powers of attorneys and providing advice on cross border estate tax issues.
- Advised non-U.S. clients on trust planning, particularly with respect to families with U.S. assets and/or U.S. beneficiaries.
- Assisted individuals with relinquishing their U.S. citizenship or green cards and their U.S. tax compliance and reporting obligations.
- Advised clients on structuring and restructuring trusts from a U.S. and international perspective.
- Advised clients on their U.S. pre-immigration planning.
- Brown University, B.A.
- The University of Hong Kong, J.D.
- The University of Hong Kong, P.C.LL.
- Hong Kong
- New York
- Member, Private Client Global Elite (2023)
- Member, Rising Leaders, Private Client Global Elite (2022)