In today’s global society, families — and their assets — are spread out around the world, as people live, work, travel and invest across countries and jurisdictions.
Today more than ever, individuals and families need help planning for the cross-border tax and succession law implications of global life.
Part of one of the largest and most distinguished full-service Trusts and Estates practices in the country, Loeb & Loeb’s International Trust and Estate Planning team helps clients structure their investments and navigate the complexities of cross-border tax, trust and estate planning.
Our team advises United States citizens and residents — as well as foreign citizens living, working or investing in the United States — on a variety of issues, including:
- Counseling foreign clients on the application of U.S. estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes to U.S. assets
- Preparing estate plans for U.S. citizens living abroad and foreign citizens living in the U.S.
- Providing advice to settlors, beneficiaries and trustees both in the U.S. and abroad regarding trust and estate administration, including related cross-border tax and planning issues
- Advising foreign citizens on U.S. tax planning in preparation for short- or long-term moves to the U.S.
- Working with counsel in other countries to create tax and estate plans to minimize the risk of double taxation
- Advising U.S. citizens and residents on gifts and inheritances from foreign family members.
- Advising on expatriation from the U.S.
We work with high net worth individuals, including entertainers, entrepreneurs and investors in U.S. and foreign real estate and businesses, and collaborate with colleagues across disciplines within the firm and with local counsel abroad to provide comprehensive international advice and planning.