Lance Jurich, a partner in Loeb & Loeb’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group in its Los Angeles office, serves as a trusted advisor to many clients. He is a commercial litigator who specializes in business bankruptcies, restructurings and the enforcement of creditors’ rights. Lance has broad experience representing financial institutions and handles complex matters for these clients. He also represents fiduciaries, including receivers, assignees for the benefit of creditors, and trustees in all types of forums.
Lance’s depth of experience includes bankruptcy and creditors’ rights; real estate disputes; Ponzi scheme litigation; preference and fraudulent transfer litigation; partnership disputes; Chapter 11 plan issues; 363 purchases of assets; interest rate disputes; valuation disputes; assignments for the benefit of creditors (“ABC’s”); lender liability cases; prejudgment remedies; guarantor litigation; receiverships; and bankruptcy appellate litigation.
Lance’s practice covers a broad spectrum of complex insolvency issues for clients in diverse industries, including real estate, entertainment, healthcare, hotel and gaming, agricultural, and oil and gas. He represents domestic and international banks, insurance companies, indenture trustees, hedge funds, private equity groups, distressed debt investors, trade creditors, strategic purchasers of assets in bankruptcies, entertainment companies, real estate developers, receivers/court fiduciaries, hospitals/health care providers, and agricultural lenders and agribusinesses.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Arizona State University, B.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- California State Supreme Court
Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Thomson Reuters (2005-2018)
Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc (2016-2019)
- Member, Special Assets Management Association (SAMA)
- Member, California Bankruptcy Forum
- Editor, California Bankruptcy Journal (2005-present)
- Advisory Planning Board, Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference, Las Vegas American Bankruptcy Institute; Advisory Planning Board, Annual “Bankruptcy Battleground West,” Los Angeles