Gil Feder is a seasoned commercial litigator concentrating his practice on the representation of New York property owners and developers in commercial real estate matters. He chairs Loeb & Loeb’s Real Estate Litigation practice, taking a straightforward and aggressive approach to complex commercial, partnership and joint venture disputes involving real property.
Gil’s clients include some of New York’s largest hospital groups, leading financial institutions, REITs, celebrities, and high net worth individuals and families with large real estate holdings. He has litigated highly publicized real property, mortgage, environmental, zoning, condemnation, commercial lease and hospitality disputes.
Gil has extensive trial and appellate experience, routinely litigating high-profile matters in the New York state and federal court systems. He has first-chaired over 40 trials to verdict. In addition, he has argued numerous appeals at the New York Court of Appeals and New York Appellate Divisions, including a recent appeal on behalf of a leading U.S. investment management and distribution company resulting in a landmark decision regarding the doctrine of employment at will. Gil has also arbitrated and mediated disputes before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS.
In addition to his real estate practice, Gil represents clients in employment disputes and restrictive covenant litigations. He has also litigated election challenges for several religious and charitable institutions, and represented a number of professional boxers and promoters in contract disputes and negotiations.
In his spare time, Gil enjoys playing tennis for United States Tennis Association adult leagues.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Binghamton University, B.A.
- New York Appellate Division, First Department
- New York Appellate Division, Second Department
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Litigation - Real Estate, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2021)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Real Estate, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2020)