Peter Beardsley maintains a diverse commercial lending practice focusing on cash flow credit facilities, asset-based loans, lender finance, warehouse lending, fund finance (both capital call and management lines), loan restructurings, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Peter has significant experience representing financial institutions (as administrative agents, collateral agents, and lenders) as well as borrowers in all types of secured and unsecured credit facilities, including bilateral, club and syndicated credit facilities, structured finance facilities to business development companies, SPVs, SBA lenders, equipment lessors and other specialty finance companies, acquisition finance, subscription finance, equipment finance, aircraft financings, and ship financings. Peter also represents buyers and sellers of loan portfolios, distressed assets and distressed debt. Peter also has substantial experience in commercial loan workout negotiations, restructuring distressed credit facilities, and representing DIP lenders.
Peter is a writer and speaker on matters of interest to financial institutions and leasing companies as part of various educational programs.
Select examples of Peter's prior experience include:
- Represented agent and lead lender in connection with a $40 million syndicated revolving credit and term loan facility to a government contractor.
- Represented an agent and lead lender in $55 million loan to an industrial conglomerate.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $30 million term and revolving credit facility to an experiential marketing company.
- Represented a lender as a member of a bank group in a syndicated credit facility secured by tax lien certificates.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $12 million revolving line of credit to a sports and entertainment company.
- Represented private bank lenders in loans secured by aircraft, yachts, fine art (to both individuals and galleries), marketable securities, and hedge fund interests.
- Represented a lender in a $10 million capital call line of credit to investment fund.
- Represented an administrative agent and lender in connection with warehouse loan facilities to special purpose vehicles owned by business development companies and other specialty finance companies, SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 lenders.
- Represented a lender as member of bank group in connection with multiple syndicated facilities to business development companies and other lender finance entities.
- Represented a lender as member of bank group in connection with multiple syndicated warehouse loan facilities to equipment lessors in the aviation space and other specialty finance companies.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a $1 billion revolving credit and term loan facility in connection with an acquisition by the borrower.
- Represented a borrower in $2.175 billion acquisition financing.
- Represented a software company in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a $25 million asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $17 million asset-based revolving and term-loan facility to a metals processing and recycling company.
- Represented a manufacturer of steel products in connection with an $80 million senior revolving credit facility and a $4.5 subordinated credit facility used to fund a leveraged buyout by management.
- Represented a lender in connection with an $11 million asset-based revolving and term-loan facility (with an Ex-Im Bank subfacility) to a manufacturer of industrial sewer cleaning equipment.
- Represented a national bank, in the restructurings and refinancing of financially troubled companies and borrowers in the fine art, real estate, factoring, building construction and equipment supply industries.
- Represented lenders in connection with cash collateral, DIP financing and sale issues in various bankruptcy cases.
- Represented lenders (including banks and subsidiaries of national banking associations) in connection with sales of portfolios of consumer automobile loans, taxi medallion loans, and commercial and residential mortgage loan portfolios.
- Represented Delta Petroleum Corporation, a public oil and natural gas exploration and production company and eight affiliated entities in all aspects of their chapter 11 restructuring, including DIP financing and exit financing.
- Represented Affiliated Media, Inc., the second largest newspaper company in the country as debtor in a prepackaged chapter 11 case.
- Represented several companies, including an automotive parts supplier, a home products manufacturer, and a computer gaming developer on out-of court workouts and restructuring of debt obligations.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., Lisle Merit Scholar, Articles Editor, Brooklyn Law Review
- Amherst College, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York
- Named “New York Super Lawyer” in Banking by Thomson Reuters (2013-2019)
- Named “New York Rising Star” in Banking by Thomson Reuters (2012)
- Inducted into Intercollegiate Sailing Hall of Fame (2000)
- Secured Finance Network
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA)
- Board Member, Rocking the Boat (2017-present)