Peter Beardsley maintains a diverse lending practice focusing on cash flow credit facilities, fund finance (both capital call and management lines), private bank lending to high net worth individuals, asset-based loans and lender finance.
Peter has significant experience representing financial institutions (as administrative agents, collateral agents and lenders) as well as borrowers in all types of secured and unsecured credit facilities, including bilateral, club and syndicated credit facilities, structured finance facilities to business development companies, SPVs, SBA lenders, equipment lessors and other specialty finance companies, acquisition finance, subscription finance, equipment finance, aircraft financings and ship financings. On the private bank lending side, Peter regularly represents lenders in connection with art loans, lending to not-for-profit organizations, securities backed loans (including single stock transactions, lending secured by restricted securities, operating limited partnership units in REITS and other organizations, etc.) and margin lending. Peter also represents buyers and sellers of loan portfolios, distressed assets and distressed debt. In addition, he has substantial experience in commercial loan workout negotiations, restructuring distressed credit facilities and representing DIP lenders.
Peter is a writer and speaker on matters of interest to financial institutions and leasing companies as part of various educational programs.
- Brooklyn Law School, 法学博士, Lisle Merit Scholar, Articles Editor, Brooklyn Law Review
- Amherst College, 文学学士
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Named “New York Super Lawyer” in Banking by Thomson Reuters (2013-2019)
- Named “New York Rising Star” in Banking by Thomson Reuters (2012)
- Inducted into Intercollegiate Sailing Hall of Fame (2000)
- Secured Finance Network
- Board Member, Rocking the Boat (2017-2020)