Marla Aspinwall concentrates her practice in the tax, ERISA, labor and securities aspects of executive compensation for publicly held, private and tax-exempt organizations, including employment agreements; nonqualified deferred compensation; and equity, retirement, incentive and welfare benefit plans. Marla has extensive knowledge of insurance-funded executive benefits and estate planning arrangements. She also specializes in the tax and business aspects of agricultural cooperative organizations and has represented many large agricultural cooperatives.
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, Southern California Law Review
- University of Utah, B.A., Honors English, summa cum laude
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018 edition)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Tax Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2020) and recognized among "Women of Influence" by Best Lawyers (2015-2017), published by Woodward White, Inc.
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, Nomination Committee
- American Bar Association, Employee Benefit Committee
- California Bar Association, Employee Benefit Committee of Tax Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee of Tax Section
- Association of Advanced Life Underwriters (AALU), Nonqualified Plans Committee
- AALU Editorial Board and Contributing Author for AALU Washington Report Newswire
- National Counsel of Farmer Cooperatives, Legal, Tax and Accounting Committee, Chair of Industry Specialist
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives