Marla Aspinwall concentrates her practice in the tax, ERISA, labor and securities aspects of executive compensation for publicly held, private and tax-exempt organizations, including employment agreements; nonqualified deferred compensation; and equity, retirement, incentive and welfare benefit plans. Marla has extensive knowledge of insurance-funded executive benefits and estate planning arrangements. She also specializes in the tax and business aspects of agricultural cooperative organizations and has represented many large agricultural cooperatives.
- 美国南加州大学法学院, 法学博士, Order of the Coif, Southern California Law Review
- University of Utah, 文学学士, Honors English, summa cum laude
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California: Los Angeles & Surrounds Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (2021 edition)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018 edition)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Tax Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2021)and recognized among "Women of Influence" by Best Lawyers (2015-2017), published by Woodward White, Inc.
- American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- American Bar Association, Employee Benefit Committee
- California Bar Association, Employee Benefit Committee of Tax Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee of Tax Section
- Association of Advanced Life Underwriters (AALU), Retirement Plans Committee
- National Counsel of Farmer Cooperatives, Legal, Tax and Accounting Committee, Chair of Industry Specialist