Erik Wallace focuses his practice in the areas of trusts and estates, taxation and international probate, with an emphasis on matters involving U.S. persons or property.
Erik counsels high net worth families in connection with their overall succession planning, often working together with their family offices, businesses, trustees and foundations to meet the families’ objectives. As part of that planning, he has assisted clients in structuring or restructuring trusts, as well as establishing private trust companies and international charitable foundations.
Additionally, Erik has worked with families on a number of international probates and helped them implement post-mortem tax planning.
Select examples of Erik’s prior firm experience include:
- Advised a family on the creation of a private trust company and the restructuring of the family’s various trusts.
- Acted for family creating international charitable organization.
- Assisted in a multi-jurisdictional probate matter.
- Assisted individuals on a number of international probates and helped with implementing the post-mortem tax planning.
- Advised individuals regarding pre-immigration tax planning prior to obtaining U.S. citizenship or a green card and those looking to abandon U.S. status.
- Assisted clients in structuring or restructuring trusts, as well as establishing private trust companies and international charitable foundations.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Arkansas, B.S./B.A.
- New York
- Recognized as a Leading Individual in The Legal 500 for Tax and Trusts
- Ranked as a Band 1 attorney in Chambers HNW.
- Named to Citywealth’s Leaders List.