Bill Voller is an intellectual property attorney focusing on patent and advertising litigation and counseling. He has successfully represented patent owners and accused infringers in federal district court and the U.S. International Trade Commission through all stages of litigation, including trial. Bill has also successfully represented parties on appeal at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and counseled clients regarding Covered Business Method patent proceedings before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Bill’s practice also includes representing companies before the National Advertising Division (NAD) and the National Advertising Review Board (NARB) in connection with advertising disputes.
Bill is a registered patent attorney and has prepared and prosecuted patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office across a variety of technologies including medical devices, LED and retrofit devices, RFID devices, graphics processing systems, communication systems, integrated circuits and mechanical devices.
Bill’s practice also includes counseling clients in connection with the development, acquisition, licensing and transfer of IP and technology, and frequently is asked to qualify risk and resolve IP issues arising in connection with corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Bill has served as an adjunct IP professor at Chicago-Kent College of Law since 2017.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., with honors, Certificate in Intellectual Property
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Litigation - Intellectual Property and Patent Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2019-2023)
- Named “Illinois Rising Star” in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2013-2014, 2017-2020)
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Member, Associate Board, Lawyers for the Creative Arts