Daniela Spencer maintains a broad litigation practice, with an emphasis on complex business, intellectual property, and entertainment litigation. Daniela has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, as well as in arbitration.
Daniela has been published in the Berkeley Technology and Law Journal, and her law review article has been cited by the Ninth Circuit.
Select examples of Daniela's prior experience include:
- Represented a multi-billion dollar insurance brokerage in disputes regarding trade secrets and solicitation of clients and employees. Obtained a temporary restraining order and permenant injunction enfocing a non-compete. Recently second-chaired a jury trial for breach of duty of loyalty where the jury found in favor of Daniela’s client.
- Represented a film production company in IFTA arbitration and obtained a verdict in favor of her client.
- Defended a client for RICO violations in federal court where all claims were dismissed.
- Defended a well known musician from multi-million dollar claims against his neigbor.
- Defended a film production and distribution company in a defamation case in federal court,where the defamation claim was dismissed
- Represented clients in data breaches, and crafted notices to government agencies, consumers and credit bureaus.
- University of California at Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., Associate Editor and Executive Editor, Berkeley Technology and Law Journal
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., with honors
- Russian (native)
- Spanish (working knowledge)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional by the International Association of Privacy Professionals