Daniela Spencer maintains a broad litigation practice, with an emphasis on privacy, intellectual property, and entertainment litigation. Daniela has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, as well as in arbitration. Daniela also advises clients on privacy, cybersecurity, advertising, and consumer protection compliance.
Daniela has been published in the Berkeley Technology and Law Journal, and her law review article has been cited by the Ninth Circuit.
Select examples of Daniela's prior experience include:
- Represented companies in issues arising from cutting-edge privacy and data security issues.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar insurance brokerage in disputes regarding trade secrets and solicitation of clients and employees. Obtained a temporary restraining order and permanent injunction enforcing a non-compete. Recently second-chaired a jury trial for breach of duty of loyalty where the jury found in favor of Daniela’s client.
- Represented a film production company in IFTA arbitration and obtained a verdict in favor of her client.
- Defended a client for RICO violations in federal court where all claims were dismissed.
- Defended a well-known musician from multi-million dollar claims against his neighbor.
- Defended a film production and distribution company in a defamation case in federal court, where the defamation claim was dismissed.
- Advised clients on responding to data intrusions and implementing CCPA, GDPR and evolving state and federal privacy and consumer protection regulations.
- University of California at Berkeley, School of Law, 法学博士, Associate Editor and Executive Editor, Berkeley Technology and Law Journal
- Claremont McKenna College, 文学学士, with honors
- Russian (native)
- Spanish (working knowledge)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional by the International Association of Privacy Professionals