Andrei Sirabionian is a capital markets lawyer whose practice focuses on representing foreign and domestic issuers, underwriters and investors in a broad range of public and private securities transactions.
Andrei’s experience includes handling transactions involving initial and secondary public offerings and Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings of equity and debt. He also advises public companies with respect to ’34 Act reporting requirements, corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions, stock exchange rules and ongoing securities law compliance.
Select examples of Andrei’s prior firm examples include:
- Represented an operator of semi-submersible oil platforms and underwater drillships in connection with its merger with an offshore drilling contractor in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $2.7 billion, inclusive of the client’s debt.
- Represented an international shipping enterprise in connection with its merger with a marine transportation services provider which created a combined entity with assets in excess of $4.0 billion.
- Represented an operator of semi-submersible oil platforms and underwater drillships, as securities counsel, in the $3.7 billion restructuring of its balance sheet.
- Represented a public shipping company in its recapitalization through a series of PIPE and equity line transactions for an aggregate of $736.4 million of its common shares, preferred shares and warrants.
- Represented a crude tanker owner/operator in its business combination with a separate crude oil tanker operator to create a marine transportation services provider, which at the time of the transaction was the largest owner of modern Eco VLCCs.
- Represented a public shipping company in its Rule 144A offering of $402.5 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes.
- Represented the owner and operator of chemical tankers in connection with its initial public offering (IPO) and other capital raising transactions in an aggregate value of over $250 million.
- Represented an American multinational financial services corporation in its IPO which at the time was the largest IPO in U.S. history.
- Represented clients in the shipping, offshore drilling, entertainment, software and payments industry in a large number of financing related transactions including IPOs, follow on equity offerings, high yield debt, convertible debt transactions, registered direct and at-the-market offerings.
- Represented numerous investors and issuers in private placement financing transactions, including PIPE transactions.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., magna cum laude
- New York