Alison Schwartz focuses her practice on IT and business process outsourcing, and on complex technology-related transactions. She advises both customers and service providers through all phases of these transactions, including development of RFP strategies, competitive supplier down-select processes, contract negotiation strategies, post-execution risk management and contract renewals.
Alison’s sourcing experience spans a diverse range of services, including e-commerce logistics, asset storage and fulfillment management, infrastructure and IT operations, backup storage, insurance claims processing, application development and maintenance, finance and accounting, mail and print, and customer call center.
Alison also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating other types of complex commercial agreements touching on all aspects of technology and intellectual property, ranging from software development, IT-related consulting and professional services, joint ventures and strategic alliances, data licensing, enterprise-wide system transformation, technology licensing and transfers, and everything-as-a-service matters.
I listen closely to clients so I can learn and understand the nuances of their business operations and commercial objectives. This allows me to help my clients develop proactive solutions to address their challenges and reach their strategic goals.
In addition to her technology transaction and outsourcing practice, Alison has significant experience counseling clients on intellectual property-related matters, including licensing and transfers of IP, patent and trademark prosecution, and IP due diligence in corporate transactions, as well as advising on open source software issues, trademark clearance opinions and development of strategies for managing IP-related risks.
Alison serves clients across a broad cross section of industries, including information services, computer and network software, financial services, health care, insurance, interactive entertainment, retail, telecom, real estate and management consulting/professional services.
Outside the office, Alison enjoys hiking, traveling, cooking and spending time with her family.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif
- University of Illinois College of Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S., Electrical Engineering; Highest Honors
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in Illinois Technology & Outsourcing (2021 and 2022)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in IT Outsourcing Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named a "Next Generation Partner" in The Legal 500 US in Outsourcing, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018-2022)
- Recipient, Community Service Award, ACLU of Southern California (2021)