Seth Rose represents many of the country’s most recognizable brands as well as advertising and digital agencies in all aspects of advertising, marketing and media. He works with Fortune 500 companies in a wide variety of industries, including technology, telecommunications, automotive and quick-service restaurants, providing strategic counsel and transactional advice to help his clients implement brand and marketing campaigns and initiatives.
Seth has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of marketing and promotional partnerships, media deals, sponsorships, music and talent agreements, and branded entertainment and integrated marketing collaborations as well as agency services agreements, vendor contracts and technology-related agreements. He has deep knowledge of the advertising, marketing and media industries as well as intellectual property law, social media and technology, and he brings this insight to all his work.
“[Seth is] our right hand, left brain and central to helping us face any and all legal issues. [His] reliability, intelligence and know-how of the industry make [him] an invaluable partner.” Client Commentary
Seth has been recommended for excellence in marketing and advertising Law by The Legal 500 U.S., and he has been recognized among the top advertising and media lawyers in Illinois by the Leading Lawyers Network. Practical and business-minded in his approach, Seth possesses a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and is committed to finding solutions to achieve their goals while minimizing risk. When he’s not working to meet a client deadline, he can be found spending his free time with his four young children and four dogs.
- Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University, J.D., With Honors, Associate Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Illinois State Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in Illinois Media & Entertainment: Transactional and Nationwide Sports Law: Esports (2021 and 2022)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Advertising Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Advertising and Marketing and Sports, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2017, 2019, 2021)
- Named among “Top Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media and Copyright & Trademark Law by the Leading Lawyers Network (2007-2018)
- Named “Illinois Rising Star” in First Amendment/Media/Advertising, Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2010, 2012-2017)
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers, a division of Law Bulletin Media (2019-2020)
- Co-Chair, Media & Entertainment Law Committee, The Chicago Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Vice-Chair, Media & Entertainment Law Committee, The Chicago Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Member, Promotion Marketing Association
- Member, International Trademark Association