David Manella is a transactional lawyer with a diverse practice in the entertainment and media industries. David has experience with financings for the production and distribution of motion pictures and television programs, mergers and acquisitions, and the licensing and optioning of rights for live stage productions. David has also advised nonprofit clients on the formation of 501(c)(3) organizations and the maintenance of tax-exempt status.
Outside of his practice, David is active in the theater industry. He serves on the Board of Directors of WP Theater, the nation’s oldest and largest theater company dedicated to producing the work of women and trans theater artists, and is a co-producer on the Broadway-bound musical Lempicka.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., Harlan Fiske Scholar,
Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Law & The Arts
Co President, Columbia Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Society (EASLS)
- Columbia University, Theatre Management and Producing, M.F.A.
- Harvard University, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Andrew D. Fried Memorial Prize for best student essay on a subject in the field of intellectual property and related law published in the Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts
- New York State Bar Association Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section Phil Cowan Memorial/BMI Scholarship
- Board Member, WP Theater