David Manella works at the forefront of major deals that are shaping the entertainment and media industries. David brings an extensive background in theatre production, including an MFA in Theatre Management and Producing from Columbia University, to his practice, which covers a wide-spectrum of transactional work for film, TV and live stage productions, digital media and streaming platforms, and immersive live events. His experience includes development and rights acquisitions, and the representation of leading financial institutions and production companies in financings for the production and distribution of entertainment media. David also maintains a burgeoning talent practice, and serves as production counsel to live stage and TV productions.
Outside of his practice, David serves on the Board of Directors of WP Theatre, the nation’s oldest and largest theater company dedicated to producing the work of women and trans theater artists. He is also a two-time Tony nominated producer, whose credits include the Broadway productions of Sea Wall/A Life and Slave Play.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士, Harlan Fiske Scholar,
Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Law & The Arts
Co President, Columbia Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Society (EASLS)
- 哥伦比亚大学, Theatre Management and Producing, M.F.A.
- Harvard University, 文学学士, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Andrew D. Fried Memorial Prize for best student essay on a subject in the field of intellectual property and related law published in the Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts
- New York State Bar Association Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section Phil Cowan Memorial/BMI Scholarship
- Board Member, WP Theater