Arash Khalili is a vigorous deal maker and navigator of complex corporate and commercial transactions across a wide range of industries, including media, entertainment, technology, sports, fashion, health, wellness and fitness. Understanding his clients’ motivations and risk tolerance, Arash serves as a trusted business and legal advisor, structuring and negotiating some of his clients’ most intricate deals in the U.S. and abroad, and bringing them successfully across the finish line.
Arash represents both private and public companies, family offices, and high-net-worth individuals, from media, production, sports/eSports, technology, and health and wellness companies to professional athletes, celebrities, public figures, and influencers. While the media, entertainment, technology, sports (including eSports), and health, wellness and fitness industries continue to evolve, Arash’s execution-oriented approach and unique breadth of experience handling cutting-edge corporate transactions allow his clients to adapt and grow their businesses in today’s advanced data- and technology-driven marketplace. His portfolio also includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt financings, brand monetization, cross-border transactions, and corporate governance, as well as general business and dispute resolution-related matters.
Health and wellness are important aspects of my personal life, so it was only natural that sports developed as an area of expertise and a complement to my corporate practice.
Highly distinguished across the West Coast, Arash has been recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the leading transactional attorneys in Los Angeles in the publication’s “Most Influential M&A Advisors” special report. He was profiled among the “Top 20 Attorneys Under 40” by the Daily Journal and has also received The M&A Advisor’s 40 under 40 Recognition Award. He has authored works on media rights and brand monetization in the sports industry, and is regularly called upon to speak on these issues.
- California Western School of Law, J.D.
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., magna cum laude
- Named in The Hollywood Reporter's "Power Lawyers" list (2020)
- Named "Sports & Entertainment Trailblazer" by The National Law Journal (2019)
- Named in The Recorder's California Trailblazers special report (2019)
- Named "Top Dealmaker" in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report (2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Sports and M&A: Middle-Market, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2017-2019)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Business/Corporate by Thomson Reuters (2017-2018)
- Named in the Daily Journals "Top 20 Under 40" special report (2014)
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Business/Corporate by Thomson Reuters (2006-2015)
- Named in the Los Angeles Business Journal's "Most Influential M&A Advisors" special report (2013)
- Recipient, 40 Under 40 Recognition Award from The M&A Advisor (2012)
- Co-Vice Chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Business and Corporations Law Section (2015-2016)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee, Business and Corporations Law Section
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Sports Lawyers Association
- Member, City of Hope Music and Entertainment Industry, Executive Committee