Alexandria Kane maintains a broad transactional practice concentrated in corporate law, capital markets, securities and mergers and acquisitions. She regularly advises investors and public and private companies in general corporate governance, business formations, capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions and securities law compliance.
Regularly serving as outside general counsel to her corporate clients, Alexandria regularly provides ongoing legal analysis of corporate risks and opportunities, and drafts and negotiates stock purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, consulting agreements, employment agreements, joint venture agreements and loan agreements. She also has extensive experience in preparing and advising clients concerning required securities filings and private placements of securities.
Select examples of Alexandria’s prior firm experience includes:
- Represented underwriter in the $100 million IPO of a SPAC targeting the cannabis industry.
- Represented underwriter in the $50 million IPO of a SPAC targeting the financial/insurances services industry.
- Represented underwriter in the $175 million IPO of a SPAC targeting the technology, media and telecommunications industries in Asia.
- Represented underwriter in the $175 million IPO of a SPAC targeting the U.S. orthopedic and spine industry.
- Represented issuer of a Cayman Islands domiciled SPAC in its $200 million IPO on NASDAQ.
- Represented issuer of a British Virgin Islands domiciled SPAC in its $100 million IPO on NASDAQ.
- Represented multi-billion dollar investment management firm in sale of insurance fixed income investment business.
- Represented SaaS funding platform in the acquisition of three entities.
- Represented transportation logistics company in negotiation of three rounds of mezzanine financing to finance multiple acquisitions.
- Represented IT services company primarily focused on the financial services industry in sale of majority interest to private equity firm.
- Represented card based media company in its series seed financing round.
- Represented weekly newspaper publisher in the sale of its assets.
- Represented curated gift box company in its Series A financing.
- Represented energy management company in its sale to a national home security company.
- Represented video guide company in its sale to a public mobile device company.
- Represented engineering consulting corporation in its sale.
- Represented owners of a minimum security prison facility in the sale of stock to a venture backed company.
- Represented film distribution company in its sale to a public media company.
- Advised manufacturer of forged metal aviation products in acquisition of assets from Fortune 500 company, and placement and restructuring of revolving and term loans.
- Represented public human resources consulting firm in its sale to a multi-billion dollar public company.
- Represented a public electronic components manufacturer in its sale to another public entity.
- Represented Chinese web development and marketing company in reverse merger with a U.S. public company.
- Assisted various public companies with ongoing securities compliance and 1934 Act filings.
- Represented various early and growth stage companies in angel and venture capital financings and ongoing strategic transactions and operational matters.
- Represented a sports marketing company and its founders in a sale to private equity investors.
- Provided compliance oversight for national retail business regulated at the federal level and in over 40 states regarding consumer finance, sales practices, agriculture and markets regulation; created compliant sales documentation, monitored in house oversight practices and addressed inquiries from attorneys general and other regulators.
- Represented numerous clients in the sale of multi-million dollar mezzanine loan portfolios.
- Georgetown University, B.A.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Board of Governors, Georgetown University Alumni Association
- Girl Scout Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of Greater New York