Marc Jones is a seasoned transactional lawyer with more than two decades of experience handling complex business transactions and securities matters. Marc focuses his practice on private equity and strategic acquisitions, minority investments, venture capital and growth equity financings and joint ventures transactions. He also has extensive experience with corporate governance controversies, recapitalizations and restructurings, executive compensation and incentive equity matters.
Marc’s clients include private equity firms, strategic buyers, sellers, targets, issuers and senior executives across a wide range of industries.
Select examples of Marc's prior experience include:
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a portfolio company that provides technology solutions to departments of motor vehicles to another private equity firm.
- Represented a family-owned automotive salvage and recycling company in a corporate reorganization, sale of control and joint venture with a large publicly-traded American company and large privately-owned foreign company.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity firm in the acquisition of a Canadian holding company that provides technology solutions to departments of motor vehicles in Canada and the U.S.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity firm in the acquisition of a major greeting card company.
- Represented a private equity firm in an acquisition of an Illinois-based provider of language training, translation and mobility solutions that facilitate employee relocations and talent development around the world.
- Represented a privately-held medical technology company in a reverse merger with a publicly held Canadian company and related corporate reorganizations of both entities and a PIPE offering.
- Represented a private equity firm in an approximately $42 million leveraged buyout of a publicly-traded company that designs, manufactures and installs automated self-serve kiosks for departments of motor vehicles across the U.S.
- Represented a private equity firm in an approximately $31 million joint acquisition of a California-based designer jeans manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity firm in a significant investment in a North Carolina-based technology company that was a pioneer in real-time onscreen graphics and virtual insertions and social media integration for live televised sport and entertainment events.
- Represented a senior management team of a sports equipment manufacturing company with over $1 billion in investment in the restructuring of an equity incentive plan for the management team valued at approximately $60 million.
- Represented the special financing committee of a privately-held geothermal developer in a $108 million follow-on equity financing by Denham Capital.
- Represented a large Massachusetts-based wind energy company owned primarily by two private equity firms, in an approximately $44 million investment by two Canadian private investment firms.
- Represented a newly-formed company, whose management team was led by Al Mann in the acquisition of two separate business units from Boston Scientific involving consideration in excess of $1.3 billion.
- Represented an Ohio-based, privately-held steel processing company in a $220 million stock acquisition by Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
- Represented internationally known licensing company in an approximately $200 million sale of global trademark portfolio.
- Represented Univision in an approximately $100 million acquisition of controlling interest in a Mexico-based record company.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in an approximately $65 million acquisition of a privately-held radiation therapy company.
- Represented a California-based process outsourcing company in its approximately $15 million acquisition of a Massachusetts-based management consulting firm.
- Represented a publicly-traded financial services company in its approximately $28 million acquisition of a closely-held equipment leasing company and certain of its affiliates.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Davis, B.A.
- University of California at Los Angeles, M.B.A.
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Law & Politics Los Angeles Magazine
- Member, American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- Mentor, Lowell Milken Institute-Sandler Prize for New Entrepreneurs (UCLA Law, 2016-2017)