Nate Hole counsels clients with respect to emerging marketing, technology, and data-related products and services, including issues related to online and digital marketing and assets, privacy and data optimization, social media integrations, mobile apps, Internet of Things and connected devices, e commerce and electronic payments.
Nate provides practical solutions and creative counsel to help clients bring new products and services to market, and to leverage data, technology, connectivity and mobility across a variety of business applications. Clients turn to him for advice on data collection, sharing and use, and new ways of engaging with consumers, including through new forms of marketing and connected products and devices, vehicle mobility programs, and other Internet of Things applications. He also uses his industry knowledge to help clients negotiate important commercial agreements that enable new initiatives and position clients to operate in a changing ecosystem.
I enjoy working with clients to bring first-of-their-kind products and services to market; to find creative solutions to novel issues arising out of new technologies, new platforms and the powerful data; and to find new ways of connecting companies and the consumers they create.
Nate also advises clients on their promotional and advertising activities, including advertiser-agency relationships, marketing and advertising campaigns, loyalty programs, intellectual property and right of publicity issues, sponsorships, and entertainment-related programs and agreements.
Outside the office, Nate enjoys spending time with his family and regularly competes in triathlons as part of a team that raises money for pediatric cancer research.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.,
Member, Michigan Clinical Law Program
- Tulane University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Privacy and Data Security Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 U.S. in Marketing & Advertising and Data Privacy and Data Protection (2017-2019)
- Named among “Top Emerging Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media by the Leading Lawyers Network (2015-2018)
Named “Illinois Rising Star” in First Amendment/Media/Advertising, Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2009-2010, 2012-2019)
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Member, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, John Marshall Law School, on the topics of Intellectual Property and Advertising/Promotions