William Hawkins has more than a decade of experience in counseling secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, committees, lessors, equity holders and other constituencies in credit restructurings, corporate reorganizations, bankruptcies and liquidation proceedings. His practice also encompasses significant commercial litigation matters, in federal and state courts, as well as in out-of-court, negotiated solutions and alternative dispute resolution. He also represents debtor-in-possession and exit financing lenders, and purchasers of assets in bankruptcy. William is admitted to the courts of New York State and the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York. He has handled matters throughout the United States, including in the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Arizona, the Central District of California, the District of Delaware, the Southern District of Florida, and the District of New Jersey.
William has counseled his clients in the preparation and negotiation of agreements for the purchase and sale of manufactured consumer products and repair parts, as well as supply-chain agreements involved with the products’ manufacture. He also has extensive experience counseling clients on agreements for the acquisition of machinery and equipment, including delivery and warranty terms. William guides clients in a wide variety of issues that may arise under these contracts, including terms for on-time delivery and remedy provisions that fit the specific needs of clients.
William frequently works with international clients in his areas of practice.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Emory University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, Steering Committee, Florida Fiduciary Forum (Miami, Florida)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute