Tatyana Gilles focuses her practice in the areas of intellectual property and unfair competition. She has significant experience with domestic and international trademark, copyright and domain name counselling and portfolio protection and maintenance. She counsels clients on selecting and clearing marks, as well as creating and implementing trademark prosecution and enforcement strategies. She also counsels clients on online brand protection and social media issues involving copyright, trademark and rights of publicity matters.
Tatyana drafts and negotiates a variety of IP-related contracts, such as transactional, licensing, settlement and co-existence agreements. She frequently performs intellectual property due diligence for complex merger and acquisition deals.
In addition, Tatyana works diligently to police clients’ intellectual property rights and helps counsel clients on cases involving unauthorized uses of their rights. She has been involved in a variety of intellectual property enforcement matters. She represents clients in cases before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and UDRP proceedings before WIPO and Forum.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., Associate Editor, IP Law Journal
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Intellectual Property Law (2021-2023)
- Named "Illinois Rising Star" in Intellectual Property by Thomson Reuters (2018-2021)
- Member, International Trademark Association, Publications Committee