Amir Azaran has deep experience advising clients on complex technology-driven transactions. His practice encompasses a broad spectrum of areas including software and data licensing, SaaS, cloud computing solutions, co-location services, low-latency telecommunications, and comprehensive IT and business process outsourcing. Amir brings keen insights and a strategic approach to deal structuring and negotiation, and has diverse experience across various sectors such as financial services, automotive, advertising, media, manufacturing, and retail.
With dual degrees in mechanical engineering and prior experience working in software development and IT systems management, Amir is recognized not only for his legal acumen but also for his deep understanding of technical nuances that are critical to navigating the technology landscape.
His background gives him the unique ability to dissect complex transactions through a prism of practical real-world experience, ensuring that his clients are equipped to identify, assess, and address the most pressing risks, and make informed decisions that advance their business objectives.
In the dynamic field of emerging technologies, Amir remains at the forefront, advising on cutting-edge technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrency, and artificial intelligence. His forward-thinking guidance helps clients navigate this fast-paced environment and understand how they can leverage these technologies for commercial success.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, M.S.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Technology Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named in the National Law Journal's list of Technology Law Trailblazers (2019)
- Named among “Top Emerging Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media by the Leading Lawyers Network (2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Marketing & Advertising (2017, 2022 and 2023) and Outsourcing (2022 and 2023), published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard
- Named “Illinois Rising Star” in Intellectual Property and Media & Advertising by Thomson Reuters (2014-2016)