Amir Azaran focuses on all manner of technology-driven transactions, including those involving software and data licensing, SaaS and cloud computing, co-location, low-latency telecommunications services, and IT and business process outsourcing. His experience in structuring and negotiating these types of deals spans several industries, including financial services, advertising and media, manufacturing, and retail, among many others.
With undergraduate and graduate degrees in mechanical engineering and a professional background in software development and IT systems administration, Amir is respected by his clients as a credible source of counsel on many different kinds of technology issues.
My background as an engineer enables me to clearly communicate with and advise clients on the real-world impact of deal points in complex transactions. As a result, clients can make informed decisions.
Amir takes pride in his ability to properly contextualize complex deals through the lens of practical experience so that his clients can focus on the most relevant risks and make sound business judgments to move deals forward.
Amir also regularly advises clients with respect to emerging technology platforms, including blockchain, cryptocurrency and artificial intelligence.
- University of Chicago Law School, 法学博士
- University of Colorado at Boulder, M.S.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 学士
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Technology Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Named among “Top Emerging Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media by the Leading Lawyers Network (2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Marketing & Advertising, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2017 edition)
- Named “Illinois Rising Star” in Intellectual Property and Media & Advertising by Thomson Reuters (2014-2016)