In today’s complex regulatory environment, nearly every facet of a company’s leadership and its relationship with its investors and the public is subject to heightened scrutiny.
Loeb & Loeb’s Corporate Governance Practice draws on lawyers from disciplines across the firm — Corporate and Capital Markets, Employment and Labor, Insurance, White Collar and Litigation — to help clients fulfill their obligations and responsibilities to investors, while protecting their businesses from civil enforcement actions and criminal prosecutions.
Our integrated team — which includes former assistant U.S. attorneys and lawyers who have served in government and law enforcement positions in various federal agencies and departments — has years of experience dealing with the SEC and other regulatory agencies in both adversarial and cooperative capacities.
We advise companies, as well as boards of directors, board committees and independent directors, on a comprehensive range of compliance, risk management, transactional and investigative matters, including:
- Compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and SEC and stock exchange rules and regulations
- Compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Development and implementation of comprehensive compliance policies, procedures and best practices, including for boards of directors, board committees and independent directors
- Development of strategic responses to proposed regulations, rule changes and new laws
- Delineation of the role of special committees in sensitive transactional matters
- Internal or independent investigations of suspected fraud, embezzlement and other business crimes, including serving as or representing court-appointed trustees, independent board committees, monitors and receivers of entities victimized by fraud
- Transactional due diligence and evaluation to identify risks, strategies and opportunities for additional leverage in negotiations in the context of business combinations, operational changes and new business relationships
- Identification of and coordination with experts in accounting and other specialized areas
- Crisis management