Ron Pearson focuses his practice on estate planning for high net worth individuals, owners of closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. His clients include prominent individuals in the entertainment industry and commerce.
Ron's areas of practice include sophisticated tax planning techniques relating to high net worth individuals. His estate planning services include living trusts, gift and insurance trusts, continuing trusts for children and other beneficiaries to provide for their care and for management and flexibility relating to discretionary distributions; generation-skipping trusts; grantor-retained annuity trusts; qualified personal residence trusts; family limited partnerships; private foundations; charitable lead trusts; charitable remainder trusts; qualified domestic trusts for noncitizen spouses and special needs trusts.
In addition, Ron provides trust and probate administration services that include representation of individuals, banks and trust companies acting in a fiduciary capacity (including as trustees, executors, conservators and guardians); preparation of estate tax returns with analysis of valuation issues; and postmortem tax planning, including use of disclaimers.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- Pacific Union College, B.S.
- U.S. Tax Court
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA 2011-2013 editions, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California Tax: Estate Planning, (also recognized in 2010 edition)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named in "Southern California Super Lawyers" in Estate Planning and Probate, a Thomson Reuters business (2009-2019)
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member and Former Chair of the Executive Committee, Trust and Estates Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member and Former Chair of the Estate and Gift Tax Committee, State Bar of California