Ronald C. Pearson is a partner in the Trusts & Estates Practice at Loeb & Loeb LLP. He has been certified as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. His practice emphasizes estate and gift tax planning for high net worth individuals (many of whom have family-owned businesses) and representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration. The principal focus of his practice is the design, implementation and preservation of family wealth through multiple generations.
Parents are concerned how their significant wealth may affect the growth and responsibility of their children. By being a good listener, Ron is able to provide advice in structuring an estate plan that will accomplish parents’ goals and encourage their children in a positive way to reach their full potential.
Ronald Pearson is highly regarded for his tax planning strategies. Commentators have made note of his “very impressive work” and “careful analysis.” He has also been recognized as a “lawyer’s lawyer,” and has “certainly impressed” his clients. Chambers USA client commentary
In a recent case, Ron secured a $500 million trial victory on behalf of his client, the wife and conservator of a Southern California real estate entrepreneur, in a petition seeking to amend her husband's trust to carry out his testamentary intent. The petition was vigorously opposed by the California Attorney General. After numerous writs and appeals, on August 15, 2018 the California Supreme Court denied the Attorney General's Petition for Review.
Representative clients include family business owners, executives and CEO's of private and publicly traded companies, athletes, individuals in the entertainment industry and representing multi-generation family offices.
Outside of the office, Ron enjoys traveling, hiking with his dog, and playing golf.
- 乔治敦大学法律中心, 法学硕士
- University of San Diego School of Law, 法学博士
- Pacific Union College, 学士
- U.S. Tax Court
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law (2021 and 2022)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California Tax: Estate Planning (2010-2016)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trust and Estates and Litigation - Trust and Estates by The Best Lawyers in America (2018-2023)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named in "Southern California Super Lawyers" in Estate Planning and Probate, a Thomson Reuters business (2009-2021)
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member and Former Chair of the Executive Committee, Trust and Estates Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member and Former Chair of the Estate and Gift Tax Committee, State Bar of California