Rima Moawad focuses her practice on the representation of private equity firms and management groups in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, going private and other corporate transactions.
Rima is also active in a number of nonprofit organizations, including the Lebanese International Finance Executives (LIFE), where she served as a board member; Social and Economic Action for Lebanon (SEAL), where she also serves as a board member; as well as the Mata Amritanandamayi Math, one of India's largest non-governmental organizations.
- Represented Daher Capital, a Beirut-based family office and a principal investor in Kyriba, a fintech company, in connection with the take-control of Kyriba by Bridgepoint Capital and a growth investment round in Kiryba, in a transaction valued at $1.2 billion.
- Represented BetterDoctor, a healthcare IT company, in its sale to Quest Analytics, a portfolio company of Vestar Capital.
- Represented Rho Acceleration, a division of Rho Capital, in its $25 Million growth equity investment in Skyword, a digital marketing company.
- Represented Health Catalyst Capital in a number of capital investments in the healthcare IT space.
Select examples of Rima’s prior experience include:
- Representation of Neuberger Berman in connection with its management buyout from Lehman Brothers; the repurchase of the balance of Lehman's equity stake in Neuberger for approximately $1.5 billion; and various private placements of equity securities.
- Representation of Grifols S.A. in connection with its acquisition of a 35 percent equity stake in Aradigm Corporation (Nasdaq: ARDM) and its $4 billion leveraged buyout of Talecris Biotherapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TLCR).
- Representation of Bed Bath & Beyond in its $580 million acquisition of Cost Plus, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPWM).
- Representation of the founder and controlling stockholder of Affiliated Computer Systems in connection with the company’s $6.4 billion merger with Xerox Corporation.
- Representation of Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in more than 20 transactions, including the $33 billion leveraged buyout of HCA.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M.
- University of Paris II - Assas, Maîtrise
- University of Paris II - Assas, License
- New York