Talia Metson maintains a broad-based practice related to tax-exempt organizations. She advises clients on the full life cycle of a nonprofit organization including formation, grant-making, board fiduciary duties, corporate governance, compliance issues, sales and dissolution.
Talia represents both public charities and private foundations in large-scale enforcement actions and internal investigations. She has significant experience working with health care organizations, religious corporations and nonprofits of all sizes. Talia also represents both individuals and organizations on issues of charitable giving, endowments and charitable fundraising more generally.
In addition, Talia advises clients on pre- and post-mortem estate planning and administration, and she has expertise in planning and preparing wills and complex trusts for high net worth individuals and families.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., Managing Editor, Fordham Environmental Law Review
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Trusts & Estates (2022 and 2023)
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Fairfield County Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association